18 March 2010
It had been a while since I'd done a swap, but I'm glad very glad I made the time and effort to participate in Sooz's Tea Towel swap. I was paired up with some wonderful swappers, some already good friends, some completely new to me. A feast of delights had been filtering into the letterbox over the last couple of weeks. I'm in the process of purging the kitchen drawers of unattractive old cotton tea towels, and enjoying the fresh new look in the kitchen.
And to fill you in on how I created my spotty tea towels, they were all individually hand painted using a template. To make the template I used a gridded cutting mat to mark a grid of dots onto an A3 sheet of acetate (*ahem* borrowed *ahem* from the office supply cupboard) , and then cut small vaguely circular openings in them with a cutting knife. That laborious task over, I laid the template over the pre-washed tea towels and painted into the dots fairly randomly, varying the colours and placement, so the grid was never quite completed. I wiped the template clean between each tea towel to ensure no errant splodges to ruin the imperfectly perfect pattern, and voila!