Due to the combination of bursts of warm weather, and a bit of a growth spurt, I've suddenly been finding it a struggle to dress A. She dipped out during the KCWC, so I've set myself a bit of a mini-challenge to get some summer clothes made for her this fortnight (with laundry renovations in full swing, and the Handprinted Fabric Swap to be completed, I knew this week would be unrealistic).
On the weekend we had a kids party to attend, so that morning while she napped I pulled out my ready-traced patterns, and some of the pre-washed linen and Liberty in the stash, and set to work. A sweet outfit that has been one of my favorites since I bought this book years ago.
Due to time constraints I omitted the pockets, and cut the pants as one pattern piece (instead of front and back). I picked up this linen at Darn Cheap, and am looking forward to sewing up what remains as it's a great citrus/natural colour blocked fabric. Both shades will be really versatile, and sewing with linen is such a delight. As is sewing with Liberty.
Due to space constraints in the craft room I used mostly french seams for the top (overlocker inaccessible, and I don't like the way zig-zag stitch pulls the lightweight Liberty). I am contemplating unpicking so I can fix up some mistakes- I just wasn't thinking about which order I was doing things, so I couldn't run elastic through the sleeve hem, and I added some totally unnecessary width to the front, which I'd like to take back out. The top is actually too large for her right now and wasn't finished in time to be worn to the party, but she did get to wear pants with a little sun dress we were given when she was born.
Now for some more cutting into the Liberty and Linen stash...