3 January 2012
I made this for C for Christmas, having seen this tutorial via Pinterest, and having chatted with S about the Lego bag he'd had as a child, the same as the one mentioned in the tutorial. Our Lego storage system was reaching capacity, and we wanted something quick and easy to unfurl or pack up, and easier to sort and rummage for pieces on.
I used a range of fabrics, all from the stash- mostly Ikea cotton and linens with some honeyed carrots too- and random pieced. The inside lining is a black and white cotton blend from Spotlight.
It worked really well, although I'm going to have to find some better eyelets as some have already pulled out. Despite my fears that I would like it more than C, he's pretty happy with it- more for what it enables him to do (ie play) rather than how it looks.